Welcome to the first episode of a brand new subseries called Definitive Ranking! In this series (inspired by the Zelda Dungeon series of the same name) we aim to rank each Metroid game in 10 key categories as they relate to other Metroid games, and see how each game stacks up at the end!
The categories we're ranking each game are:
- World / Atmosphere (the vibe, the setting, the mood)
- Art Style (design of Samus, the enemies, the graphics in general)
- Story (what works, what doesn't)
- Pacing / Progression (are there any parts that really bog the player down, or is it still fun getting lost?)
- Gameplay / "Gimmick" (what new or different gameplay aspects we like)
- Items / Abilities (how are the powerups and are they cool and practical)
- Areas (how does each individual area look, feel, play, etc.)
- Enemies / Bosses (are they fun, creative, etc.)
- Expansions / Powerups (are the expansions hidden throughout the world fun, creative, and enjoyable to collect?)
- Music (are we humming along?)
Of course, all of these are subjective, and we're putting our critics hats on, but we want to hear what you have to say on Twitter!
Follow us on Twitter!
Chat with us in Discord!
INTRO SONG - Listen here!
OUTRO SONG - Listen here!
Get 25% off some sweet Metroid swag at the Metroid Database store! Use Promo Code OMEGA